Anyone can join! Teachers, Staff, Parents, Grandparents, Students, Community partners, alumni, feeder school families!
Virtual College Fairs - Tonight 3/8 AND Tomorrow 3/9
The Texas Association for College Admission Counseling (TACAC) is hosting a Virtual College Fair on Monday, 3/8 and Tuesday, 3/9 from 5:00 p.m.-7:45 p.m.
Over 300 colleges will be participating and it’s all FREE AND VIRTUAL!
To view the schedule and to register, visit: https://www.strivescan.com/texas/
Featured presentations with topics including "The College Search" and "Paying for College" start at 4:00 p.m. each day.
The virtual college fairs will take place each day 5:00 p.m. - 7:45 p.m.
College and Career Coordinator
J.J. Pearce High School
Superintendent’s Update March 4
- RISD has joined with United Way to participate and encourage reading and literacy activities through the month of March as part of the Read Across America initiative.
- Texas has added school employees to the list of people eligible for the vaccine. RISD is encouraging all employees who want the vaccine to register to receive it as soon as possible.
- RISD is in preparations to comply with Texas requirements to conduct the STAAR test for every student both face to face and virtual. While RISD’s goal is to make STAAR tests available to each student online, state requirements mandate the online tests be administered in person.
- Each RISD school is preparing a schedule unique to their campus to conduct the test in a way that complies with health and safety protocols. Look for details coming home for your child’s school.
- The Texas Education Agency and public health authorities continue to require and recommend that masks be worn in schools after Gov. Greg Abbott lifted the state’s general mask mandate. RISD is therefore not changing the existing mask requirement for adults and students during in-person school, and it will remain in place through the end of the year.
- The district is re-evaluating some other existing protocols to be discussed at the board of trustees meeting on Monday, March 8.
UNIVERSAL MASK MANDATE CONTINUES
Following up on last week's message related to RISD's Universal Mask Requirement, the Texas Education Agency released updated guidance for school districts related to health and safety protocols.
Based on that guidance, and taken with the ongoing recommendations from public health authorities related to face-to-face school operations in the pandemic, RISD is not changing the existing universal mask requirement for students and staff during in-person school activities for the fourth quarter.
Principal Breedlove sends Pearce specific emails each Sunday
If you missed an issue you can Find Them All Here.
Free Test Session
PEEF traditionally has offered a "What I Wish I Knew about College" parent panel each Spring. Due to both the storm and COVID precautions, we are postponing this year's session while we investigate how to best accommodate everyone safely or run in a zoom format.
We will be offering the free test session with Huntington Learning Center. Sign up in the session flyer.
2021-2022 Calendar Options
A committee of RISD parents and staff members prepared two calendar options for the 2021-2022 student academic calendar. In addition to weighing COVID protocols, academics and instruction, safety, impact on families, a balance between semesters, and placement of teacher development days were among many factors considered by committee members. Both options comply with state requirements.
Under Option A, the school year would begin Wednesday, Aug. 18, and conclude on Friday, May 27, 2022. View calendar Option A.
Under Option B, the year would start Tuesday, Aug. 17, and conclude on Friday, May 27, 2022. Monday, Nov. 1, would be a student and staff holiday if RISD chooses Option B. View calendar Option B.
Feedback about the calendar options is welcome at Let’s Talk! or at 469-593-0301. The RISD board is expected to vote on the 2021-2022 academic calendar at its March meeting.
Counseling, College & Career Center
2021-2022 Enrollment Has Begun!
You Need Your Student's Snapcode & Proof of Residency
Mark Your Calendar for the Senior 2021 Parade - May 22
We have secured a permit from the City of Richardson for the 2021 Annual Senior Parade coming up Saturday, May 22, 2021.
Sign up sheets for participation and volunteering are below!
Remember to sign up your child!
May 29, 2021
Mustang/Eagle Stadium @ 8:00 PM
Students will follow the Revised Schedule effective November 30th.
Meet your 2020-21 PTA Board & Committee Chairs!
STANDING COMMITTEE CHAIRS:
- Tuesday, March 9
- Wednesday, March 10
- Thursday, March 11
- Monday, March 15
- Tuesday, March 16
- Wednesday, March 17
- Thursday, March 18
- Friday, March 19
- Tuesday, March 23
- Thursday, March 25